Courses are free
About our HGV Skills Bootcamp
Skills Bootcamps are part of the government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping individuals from all backgrounds gain the skills they need to secure or progress in work. Our HGV Skills Bootcamps training courses are completely free for individuals, and you will be guaranteed an interview with a relevant, local employer upon completion of the course.
*Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.
Who is eligible for the HGV Skills Bootcamps?
To be eligible for our Skills Bootcamps, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 19 or older
- Have a full car (Cat B) driving licence
Please note, we are unable to accept candidates with certain dangerous driving offences or a high number of points on their licence. To check your eligibility please complete the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
At GTG Wolverhampton, we offer the following Skills Bootcamps for individuals:
- B to C+E
- B to C+E with additional training (ADR)
- C to C+E
- Driver to ADR
- C Refresher to C+E
If you are over 19 years old and have a full car (Cat B) licence or above, please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch to confirm your eligibility.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from individuals who have any of the following endorsements on their driver's licence:
- TT99 - 12 points within 3years
- DR10 - Driving or attempting to drive with an alcohol level above the legal limit
- DR20 - Driving or attempting to drive while unfit through drink
- DR30 - Driving or attempting to drive then failing to supply a specimen for analysis
- DR40 - In charge of a vehicle while alcohol level above legal limit
- DR50 - In charge of a vehicle while unfit through drink
- DR60 - Failure to provide a specimen for analysis in circumstances other than driving or attempting to drive
- DR70 - Failing to co-operate with a preliminary test
- DR80 - Driving or attempting to drive when unfit through drugs
- DR90 - In charge of a vehicle when unfit through drugs
- DD40 - In charge of a vehicle while drug level above specified limit
- DD60 - Causing death by careless driving with drug level above the limit
- DD80 - Driving or attempting to drive when unfit through drugs
- DD90 - In charge of a vehicle when unfit through drugs
Skills Bootcamps are fully funded and completely free for individuals – all costs are covered by the government and employers.
Skills Bootcamps are 16-week programmes. During this time, you will attend a medical exam, obtain a provisional licence and study for and sit theory tests before progressing onto practical training.
The programmes also include learning modules which will complement your chosen pathway and help you upskill into a new career.
To apply for HGV Skills Bootcamps at GTG Wolverhampton, please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you to confirm your eligibility and next steps.
Interested in Skills Bootcamps at GTG? Apply below!
Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.