Skip to content

Benefits of HGV Skills Bootcamps for employers


Identify and fill skills gaps


Save on training costs

Group (1)

Empower your workforce


Increase retention

About Skills Bootcamps at GTG

Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks for adults aged 19 or over. They give people the opportunity to build up valuable sector-specific skills based on local employer demand and provide a direct path to a job on completion. 

They are co-designed or shaped with employers to respond to their skills shortages. This training is for adults who are either in work, self-employed, unemployed or returning to work after a break.

GTG's HGV Skills Bootcamps are available for the logistics industry (HGV driving, ADR and transport managers). Employers can work with GTG Training to develop and deliver HGV Skills Bootcamps to help you fill skill shortage vacancies that are specific to your business.

*Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.


Skills Bootcamps Pathways 

Our Skills Bootcamps also include additional skills which are relevant to each pathway. These include (but are not limited to) the courses in the table below. 

Knowledge Camps 

Drivers’ Knowledge Camps 

Communication Skills 

Bridge Strikes 

Time Management 

Safety in Transport 

Mental Health Awareness 

Realities of Transport 

Customer Service 

Fire Fighting 

English, Maths and Digital Skills 

Manual Handling 

Equality and Diversity training 

Winter Driving 


Emergency First Aid 


Frequently Asked Questions

At GTG Wolverhampton we offer a range of HGV Skills Bootcamps for businesses, so you can fill skills gaps within the logistics sector of your company. The six pathways that we offer are: 

  • B to C+E 
  • B to C+E with additional training (ADR) 
  • C to C+E 
  • Driver to ADR 
  • C Refresher to C+E 
  • CILT Transport Manager 

Small employers are asked to contribute 10% towards the total cost of the Skills Bootcamp, with the remaining balance funded by the government. Medium and large employers are asked to contribute 30% of the total cost, with the remaining 70% funded by the government.

As an employer, some of your responsibilities will include providing: 

  • A safe work environment 
  • An induction which includes explaining relevant policies and procedures 
  • A line manager to support, supervise and mentor the student 
  • A guaranteed interview as part of the Skills Bootcamp provision 

In addition to accessing government-funded training and filling skills gaps within your business, our HGV Skills Bootcamps have a range of benefits for employers, helping you to: 

  • Develop a loyal and talented workforce with the skills you need quickly 
  • Futureproof your business in a rapidly changing labour market 
  • Improve your productivity; learners are motivated to learn new skills, provide new ideas and a fresh perspective 
  • Recruit staff with the right training and skills from the outset 
  • Get access to a pipeline of skilled adults by working with existing Skills Bootcamps providers 

If you have skills gaps within your business, but you don't have staff available to upskill, we'll work with you to recruit and train new employees to suit your business needs.

For more information, please fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch!

SFL Skillsbootcamp Black RGB

Skills for Life Skills Bootcamps

Screenshot 2022 08 12 At 16.05.45

Ofsted - Good Provider

Disability Confident Committed logo

Disability Confident

Department For Education

Department for Education

Interested in Skills Bootcamps at GTG? Apply below!

Please note, Skills Bootcamps are only available in England.

If yes, please tick what opportunities you have.

If yes, please tick what opportunities you have.