Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
Delegates will develop a sound understanding of the key duties, regulations, policies and procedures required for a variety of sites – from a small construction site to more complex working environments. To deliver an interactive, problem solving experience, we apply a combined learning approach of 37.5 tutor-led hours and 10 hours of self-study, which incorporates:
- Case studies
- Group work
- Group and individual presentations
Delegates must renew this qualification every five years by attending a SMSTS refresher course. The course syllabus is recognised by BUILDUK for all personnel working on a BUILDUK site.
Who should attend?
People with duties for the regulatory management of health and safety on site.
On completion of this course, delegates will:
- Achieve the CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
- Understand construction design and management (CDM) regulations.
- Know the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and your duties.
- Gain knowledge of accepted working practices and behavioural safety.
- Understand the management of occupational health.
- Know how to control hazards in the following areas: confined spaces, working at height, demolition, scaffolding, electricity and excavations.
There are no formal criteria for admission to the course. However, a good understanding of spoken and written English is vital to attaining the certificate. Photographic ID must be provided.
5 day course
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown