Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
This course is designed to train delegates how to safely operate a mobile elevated work platform boom, and to provide a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and the actions they should take to maintain a safe working environment.
Who should attend?
Delegates who will be required to operate MEWPS boom in a working environment.
- Basic industry understanding, awareness of dangers and responsibilities
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s handbook for the machine
- Locate and identify major components and explain their function
- Locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their function
- Conduct pre-use checks in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and legislative requirements
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Identify necessary PPE
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel
- Manoeuvre the machine safely on level/rough ground and inclines in open and confined areas
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
- Travel with platform raised
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out end of shift and shut down procedures
No previous experience is required.
Novice course duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 4:1:1
Refresher course duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 4:1:1
Experienced worker tests duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 6:1:1
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown.