Make an enquiry about this courseBook now
This course is designed to train delegates how to safely operate a 360° excavator, and to provide a thorough understanding of their responsibilities and the actions they should take to maintain a safe working environment.
Who should attend?
Delegates who will be required to operate a 360° excavator in a working environment.
- Basic industry understanding, awareness of dangers and responsibilities
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s handbook for the machine
- Locate and identify major components and explain their function
- Locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their function
- Conduct pre-use checks in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines and legislative requirements
- Identify necessary PPE
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carry out excavating tasks
- Load material on transporting vehicles or into containers
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out end of shift and shut down procedures
No previous experience is required.
Novice course duration: 10 days - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Refresher course duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 3:1:1
Experienced worker tests duration: 1 day - maximum ratio: 4:1:1
Please contact GTG for pricing breakdown.